Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

How to Apply for a U.S. Passport

Beginning October 11, 2011, all routine services, including passport renewal or replacement and additional passport pages, are available by APPOINTMENT ONLY.

We are pleased to offer an online appointment system for your convenience. Please review the information below and then click here to make a passport appointment.

Depending upon your situation, you will need to submit either form DS-11 or DS-82. Please read the description carefully to determine your needs:

  1. DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport

Click here to make a passport appointment now.

  1. DS-82: Application for a U.S. Passport. This form is to be used for applicants who:
  • Submit their most recent U.S. passport
  • Were at least 16 years old when their most recent passport was issued
  • Were issued their most recent passport less than 15 years ago
  • Use the same name as their most recent passport or can submit proper documentation for their name change (marriage or court order).

   What to submit with this form:

Click here to make a passport appointment now.

Acceptable Proof of U.S. Citizenship

Submit a previous U.S. passport or certified birth certificate (if born in the United States). A birth certificate must include your given name and surname, date and place of birth, your parents’ names, the date the birth record was filed, and the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records. If you were born outside of the United States, submit an original Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Naturalization Certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship. If necessary, we may ask you to provide additional evidence to establish your claim to U.S. citizenship.

Acceptable Proof of Identity

Submit identification containing your signature and physical description or a photograph that is a good likeness of you, such as a previous US passport, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, drivers license (not temporary or learners permit), or government (federal, state, municipal, military) employee identification card. Temporary or altered documents are not acceptable. If necessary, we may ask you to provide additional evidence to establish your identity.