The purpose of the American Connections Newsletter is to provide American citizens with pertinent embassy information and to highlight some of the work that both the embassy and American citizens are doing in Costa Rica. We welcome your thoughts and feedback on the newsletter. Please email us at email@example.com with your ideas.
Fall 2013 Edition:
- Welcome Chargé D’Affaires, Gonzalo Gallegos!
- Check out our new Residing In Costa Rica webpage and Costa Rican Visa information in English
- Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Abroad?
- FDA Warning: Ortiga Dietary Supplement
- Help reduce risk from the Dengue Fever Epidemic
- Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- ACS In The Field: Consular officers traveled to Limon, hosted Tourism Security expert, Dr. Peter Tarlow, and hosted Gender Based Violence (GBV) expert, Sonia Parras
- Ambassador Andrew's Farewell Letter to the American Community
- July 4th Festivities
- Foreign Accounts Tax Compliant Act
- Visa Style: A music video promoting U.S. tourism and the visa process
- Consular Outreach: Southern Zone
- The U.S. Embassy in the Community: San Ramon, Puntarenas, Puerto Viejo
- Security During the Holidays
- 16 days of Activism against Gender Based Violence
- Federal Benefits Unit: Bigger SSA Monthly Payments and Higher Social
- Security Tax Cap
- Tax Deadline Just around the Corner!
- Travel.State.gov: International Scams, Residing and Retirement Abroad,
- Smart Traveler App free on iTunes
Subscribe to American Connections
Register through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to subscribe to our quarterly newsletter. Your enrollment in STEP also enables us to contact you in the event of an emergency, and to inform you of any relevant embassy information. Click here to register.
Download the FREE Smart Traveler App! It’s a useful tool that provides easy access to updated, official country information, travel alerts, travel warnings, maps, U.S. Embassy locations, and more.